- Thoughts about transitioning into marriage. Having lived with Scott 1.5 years before our wedding, things didn't feel very different after the big day except having a new last name and being a "wife". I am a big supporter of living together before marriage. We both knew exactly what we were in store for :)
- The dress. It was the most expensive and beautiful dress I will ever wear in my lifetime, and I will never be able to wear it again. BUMMER!
- The best decision ever! A lot of people tried to convince us not to let our dog Gigi walk down the aisle as our flower girl. We had to do it. She's family! She was amazing and the prettiest flower girl in the world.
- Funniest wedding moment. When our chairs were lifted into the air during the horah, whoever was lifting us kind of half-assed it and could barely get us off the ground. When our dads decided to go up in the chairs after us, everyone came from the ends of the earth to help lift them and they were flying high. They stole our spotlight!
- The weather. It was a mess all weekend. Torrential downpours. When it wasn't raining, it was humid and sticky. We went outside to take pictures when the skies were dry, but it was so hot that one of my bridesmaid's makeup was literally dripping all over her dress. I thought bad weather was going to ruin my wedding, but in the end, it really didn't matter.
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
August 22nd is our first wedding anniversary, and it truly was the best day of my life! I am not into cheesiness though, so here are a few non-cheesy ruminations about my experience as a bride.