Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Ode to Water

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea. (Isak Dinesen)

I can't remember where I first heard this quote, but I love it. What is it about the water that is so comforting? I always feel more at peace and simply content when I am near the water. One of the reasons I love Chicago so much is because there is a juxtaposition of frenetic nightlife and culture against the calm of Lake Michigan. (And because I know some great people out there!) I was deleting some images from my huge file of pictures this evening and plucked out a few of my favorites- featuring peaceful bodies of water.

Chicago at night

Chicago again- on the Architecture Boat Tour

St. Maarten

Coronado Beach, California

Maui, Hawaii

Maui, Hawaii

La Jolla, California

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous photos! I feel the same way when I am near water. Lake Michigan is awesome to see, too. I found you through the Etsypreneur team on Etsy. =D

    ReplyDelete