Monday, May 16, 2011

Nursery Mural

I have been hard at work on the nursery mural and wanted to share the progression. It is still not done, as I am working on the clusters of flowers at the base of the tree, and I am majorly slowing down due to pregnancy. I was sitting on the floor to paint the other day and found it almost impossible to hoist myself back up!!! Here's hoping I finish soon- after all, baby is due to arrive in less than 7 weeks!

First order of business was making sure I laid out the measurements for where I planned to place the crib and glider in the room. That way I could lay out the mural around these pieces. I picked out some paint color chips at Lowes- as a lover of color, I could stand there all day debating over color choices!!

Made sure to find lots of inspiration for my tree. I wanted to have a lot of images with me to work from.

Olympic Paint is a chemical free brand of house paint. As I painted I made sure to open up windows and turn on the fan for extra ventilation.
As I began working on the tree, I decided I wanted to incorporate some more colors into the mural and what better way to do this than by adding some flowers. I love these graphic style flowers- they are my inspiration!


Here is the mural in progress. For some reason the walls look very grey, but they are more of a dusty blue color.


Beginnings of the flower clusters at the base of the tree. Still deciding whether I want to add some more colors and how far I want the flowers to climb up the tree!

Our new glider arrived from Target and rug from Pottery Barn kids. So far, very happy with the purchases!!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice mural! What a peaceful nursery.

    Congrats on your pregnancy.

    - Michelle

    http://madebymichelle.etsy.com
    http://handmadebymichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This nursery is absolutely beautiful -- soothing, calming, and fresh. Lovely work! May these next few weeks be restful and healthy ones for you!

    Congrats on the soon-to-be arrival!

    Robin
    Pink Dryer Lint

    ReplyDelete