Friday, January 21, 2011

"I am __ months old today!"

Notice how this trend has become popular lately? Facebook seems to be overloaded with pictures of babies posing by a sign that says "I am __ months old today!" I think it's a cute idea, so that you can look back chronologically at how your baby has grown each month.

As Gypsy Lane Designs has been growing month by month, I have tried to nurture the business and mold it into something special. My custom work has been thriving, but as it is utterly time consuming, I want to offer more "ready made" items. As I started brainstorming baby-related ideas,  I couldn't help but think about this new popular trend. Most people print out these signs using some sort of word processing program.

Wouldn't these signs look better with a little color and flair? Better yet, wouldn't it be cute if they were interactive, and you can change the number (with something like velcro) on the sign as your baby grows older? Maybe these prints could even be displayed in the nursery so they serve a pretty decor purpose as well.

And there I go brainstorming. Of all my "ready made" item ideas, this one is my favorite so far. Since I'm swamped as always, I don't know how soon I'll bring this idea into fruition. But it is on my "to-do" list. I love coming up with new ideas.... to be honest, I have millions of them... the problem is having time to execute!

No comments:

Post a Comment